Thoughts from the Futon

Thursday, December 21, 2006

It's Christmas time...

That's what the calendar says at least. Working in retail though I often find that the only joy people get around this time is when they make it home after fighting the madness of the mall. So this is the first Christmas in my entire life that I won't be with my parents, brothers, or any combination of the above on Christmas day (once again, thank you retail). It's kind of a different feeling. I'm 21, but still I don't know if I was ready for this day to come. I'm going to wake-up Christmas day with people to hang out with (which I'm very very thankful for), but it will still be different.

I'm thinking of staying up all night the night of the 24th and staking out for St. Nick. After all of these years I'm going to catch him. Really all I want is a ride around Ft. Worth on the sleigh. I figure this can be arranged because I live east of Ft. Worth and it's only logical for Santa to work east to west. Wow, that was an odd ramble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home